1. Be clear what you want your new horse for – pleasure riding, exhibition, dressage, breeding, company.
2. Decide if it is a stallion, mare or gelding that you will want in the future.
3. Set an approximate buget.
4. Get a selection of candidates, either yourself or through an agent.
5. Look at the size, character, movements and origins of the candidates and see how it to matches your goals.
6. Get professional advice on your main candidates.
7. Go see the candidates
8. Involve your heart.
9. Go ahead and make your choice
photo: Creativa by CavalReal